75 SEO tips to improve your website rankings
1. Keyword Research
2. Avoid “Keyword Unicorns” by Considering Search Intent
3. New Website or Low Authority? Find Low Competition Keywords for the Best Shot at Ranking Quickly
4. Find out Which Keywords Are Driving Your Competitor’s Search Traffic…Then Steal Them for Your Own Site!
5. Set Up Alerts to Spy on Your Competitor’s New Keywords in Real Time
6. Check the “True Traffic Potential” for Your Target Keyword by Looking at the #1 Ranking Page
7. Find Content Gaps on Your Site and Fill Them!
8. Find Questions that Need Answered…Then Answer Them With Content
9. Find Proven Content Ideas for ANY Topic (or Keyword)
10. Use Real World Case Studies in Your Content
11. Write a KICK-ASS Introduction That Hooks The Reader In Straight Away
12. Make Your Content SUPER Easy To Read (And Digest)!
13. DON’T Write Words Just For The Sake Of It!
14. Link Out (Because It’s Good For Your Readers and Might* Help SEO)
15. Include Your Main Keyword In Your Page’s Title Tag (AND Other Important Places!)
16. Write AWESOME Titles That Are Irresistible to Searchers (and Get More Clicks)
17. Running an ECommerce Site? Add ‘Purchase intent’ Keywords to Ecommerce Titles and Make MORE Sales
18. Increase CTR by Avoiding Meta Tag Truncation
19. SELL Your Content in Your Meta Description
20. Give Priority to Your Content
21. Make Sure Your Website Looks Great on ALL Devices
22. Get More Traffic from Google Images by Optimizing the HECK Out of Your Images!
23. Use Short, Descriptive URLs For Your Content
24. Minimise Boilerplate Text to Keep Google Panda Happy
25. Targeting local SEO? Then Include Your Address in Your Site’s Layout
26. Choose a Cool, Branded Domain Name Instead of Shoehorning in Keywords
27. Improve Your Site’s Load Speed by Implementing Google’s Recommendations
28. If You’re Running WordPress, Install a Caching Plugin
29. Set Up Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
30. Set Up Rich Snippets/Structured Data to Boost CTR
31. Find High Ranking Keywords With Below Average CTR…Then Boost Their Traffic
32. Update Your Content REGULARLY (And Get a BIG Traffic Boost)
33. Fix Your Broken Backlinks for an INSTANT SEO Win
34. Steal Your Competitor’s Broken Links
35. Focus on Building Links That Drive ACTUAL Traffic (Hint: This is the GOLDEN Rule of Link Building!)
36. Don’t Sweat “nofollow”—Worry About Link Quality Instead
37. Use Anchor Text Links in your article And Don’t Overdo It!
38. Disavow ALL Harmful and Low Auality Links
39. Research Your Competitor’s Links (Then “Steal” ‘Em For Your Website)
40. Find Good Sites that links to different Competitors…and Get a link to your Website Too!
41. Get Your Competitor’s Backlinks using SEO tools
42. Get Your Competitor’s Most Linked-To Content, Write something awesome, and steal their Links!
43. Create Excellent “Linkbait” that attracts Traffic AND comments.
44. Boost Your Success with Email Outreach by Reacting Lightning Fast to Link Opportunities
45. Use Buzzstream to Send Emails at Scale (and Keep Track of Everything)
46. Repurpose and Syndicate Your Best Content (to Squeeze Out Extra Value)
47. Grab links from Wikipedia…and Get Them To Stick!
48. Answer Questions on Quora/Forums to Build Traffic-Driving Links
49. Turn Your Brand Mentions Into Links
50. DON’T Shy Away From Writing for New Blogs…Some of Them Will Grow Over Time!
51. Get Credited for Use of Your Copyrighted Material (Yes, That Means a Link!)
52. Give Your Best Content an EASY Boost by Adding Internal Links
53. Create a Content Hierarchy to Funnel Link Juice Round Your Site
54. Use www. OR non-www (NOT Both)
55. Set Canonical URLs to ZAP Duplicate or Similar Content
56. Block Spiders from Sensitive Content with robots.txt
57. Use 301 Redirects for Pages that have been Moved or Deleted
58. Use CDN short for Content Delivery Network for Your Content
59. Install an SSL Certificate On Your Site
60. Identify Potential Indexing Issues by Running a ‘site:mydomain.com’ Search
61. Get Advice From Google on Things You Should Fix on Your Site
62. Submit a Sitemap To Help Google Crawl Your Site
63. Remove/Minimise/Deindex Thin Content
64. Check Your Site For Hacks/Inserted links
65. Look Out For Sudden Drops in Search Traffic
66. Look Out For Manual Penalty Notifications
67. Unlock “not provided” Keywords by Linking Google Analytics and Google Search Console…Kind Of!
68. Filter Out Annoying Referral Spam
69. Track Outbound Links with Event Tracking
70. Make it Ridiculously Easy (AND Appealing) To Share Your Content
71. Learn as Much as You Can
72. Pay Attention to Updates (And Industry Case Studies)
73. Be Patient
74. Avoid Shady Tactics
75. Don’t Spam and Be Cool!
Visit Ahrefs for full article